Oh, how I’ve missed talking about my favourite things. I only skipped one month because I didn’t really have anything to talk about at the end of April but I missed this!
I have a lot that I am really excited about this month so I’m just going to get right to it!
01. Isle of Paradise. I am a very pale girl. I have very Irish/British skin that does not tan no matter how much I try. When summer comes around and I lay out in the sun, I get a crazy amount of freckles or I burn bright pink. If I’m lucky, I might get the smallest wash of colour. I have accepted the fact that I am a pale girl and I’m not insecure about it but sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of a tan. I started using products from Isle of Paradise this past month and I am in LOVE. It’s so easy to use and creates such a natural glow. I have the water and the drops in the light colour and I love them both. I can’t say enough good things about it. If you’ve wanted to get fake tan but it scares you, look into this stuff. It’s amazing.
02. Overtone. I have always wanted to dye my hair a fun colour – pink mainly. It’s been a dream of mine for a while but there was something about it that made me nervous. Getting it done at a salon is crazy expensive and it still doesn’t last well and doing it myself could be a disaster. That’s when I discovered Overtone. It’s a colouring conditioner that treats your hair as well as puts colour in it. I got the rose gold shade and I am so in love. I can’t imagine ever not having pink hair. I feel like myself with rose coloured locks. Call me Frenchie from now on.
03. Better Than Sex Eyeliner. I love a black liquid eyeliner, it is a staple in my makeup routine. I was using the Kat Von D one for a while then switched to Fenty but when Too Faced put out this eyeliner, I needed to give it a try. It is amazing! It creates a wonderful line and it lasts for ages.
04. The Ordinary Retinol Serum. I love retinol and I’m trying to start using it more but the other creams and serums I’ve tried have been really expensive. I got this one from Sephora for next to nothing and it has had really good effects so far. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is soft and glowing. It’s amazing.
05. Nike Sneakers. I’ve had these sneakers for a while now but when I broke my foot last year, I stopped wearing them. I finally am starting to be able to wear them again and I LOVE them. I love this sort of…dusty olive green colour and Nike makes such comfortable shoes. I have really been enjoying wearing them again.
06. Linen Pants. I can’t stop talking about how excited I am that linen seems to be back in style. These linen pants from H&M have been such a welcome addition to my closet. I can wear them to work and look professional enough for the office but they feel like pyjamas. I am so comfortable wearing this but I look good and I can’t get enough of them.
07. Black Denim Shorts. I’m a shorts person. I’ve always loved the look of shorts, I like having naked legs, I just like shorts. I have always been really worried about how my legs looked however so I never bought the shorts that I liked. This year, I kind of just said to hell with it and got the shorts that I wanted to get. So I got these adorable black denim shorts. I really love black denim when it has this faded look to it, so they look like they’ve been washed.
08. Blue Denim Shorts. I got the same shorts in blue. I couldn’t resist. I could live in these.
09. Skinny Jeans. I needed to get a new pair of basic jeans and I’m so glad that I got these ones. H&M does really comfortable denim.
10. Yellow Dress. More linen. Beautiful linen! I never really worse much yellow before because certain shades of yellow can make my skin look sick. I saw this dress though and I couldn’t resist. It’s so comfortable and it’s so light and flowy – perfect for hot summer days. (I can’t find a link for it anywhere – sorry! I guess it sold out pretty quick)
11. Green Cardigan. I also got myself this green cardigan and it has become a total staple in my outfits. I love this shade of green, sort of a dusty, olive, khaki sort of colour and it mixes in with all of my outfits so well. It looks good on EVERYTHING!
12. The Valleyfolk Poster. I was a HUGE fan of Sourcefed when it started, a Youtube channel thought up by Philip DeFranco that told news stories but also had a ton of other comedic stuff. Like so many other people, I fell in love with the original hosts and was devastated as they all left the channel and then Sourcefed eventually ended. Recently, four of the original members (Lee, Steve, Elliott, and Joe) have come back together and created The Valleyfolk. They make incredible sketch content (check out any episode of Your Show or Joe’s Birthday) but they also have a wonderful podcast. I love them and I want to support them so I bought a signed poster. It is now hanging on my bedroom wall and I get a little spark of happiness and pride every time I see it.
13. Vintage Hamper. Oh my god, you guys, this is my new pride and joy. A local woman was moving houses so she was having a garage sale. My mom and I went over to check it out and I fell in LOVE with this vintage hamper from the 1970s. It even has a little matching stool. It’s the perfect colour in my room and it has made me so happy.
14. Peach Whiskey. I don’t know when I became a whiskey girl but somehow, I did. I typically order something with whiskey when I go out. Peach is also my favourite flavour of anything and my favourite fruit. So you can imagine how excited I was when I heard about this new peach whiskey from Crown Royal. It tastes amazing mixed with iced tea. It’s my actual heaven.
15. My Plants. I’ve always wanted to be better at taking care of plants than I was. I always really sucked at it so I just avoided it. When my roommate moved out, I needed something to entertain myself. She is a huge plant lover and our apartment was covered in plants when she was there. Without her and without the plants, the place felt empty. I am slowly learning how to take care of plants and I have managed to keep my babies alive all winter so I’m feeling positive. They brighten up the space and add so much life.
What have you been loving this month? What should I try next month?