March has been a bit of a whirlwind! It came and left really quickly but I am not complaining. It was a good month and the start was cold but the snow is finally starting to melt.
I had my birthday at the beginning of March so a fair amount of my favourite things this month were birthday presents. Hope you enjoy!
01. Leopard Print Tunic. I really love leopard print. I really, really do, and I am so happy that it’s on trend right now. I want a leopard jacket, I want leopard jeans, I want a leopard skirt. I found this leopard print tunic on H&M and I knew that I had to have it. It looks great with a pair of leggings but I think that come summer, it’s going to be an awesome dress. I love it. It makes me feel so sassy.
02. Hoop Earrings. At the same time that I ordered my tunic, I ordered a pair of hoop earrings. I love the way that hoop earrings look. I haven’t owned a pair since I was probably 13 but they have been on my list for a while and I finally got myself a pair. I LOVE them.
03. Birkenstocks. As I said in a previous post, Birks are my favourite. I have a bad foot and have to be careful with the shoes I wear. I’m not always as careful as I should be but having a pair of these sandals helps. They are one of the only shoes that don’t hurt my foot and I love the way they look. I am very blessed and have an incredible stepfather who knew I needed a new pair and he got these for me. I have been wearing them non-stop since I got them.
04. Aether Rose Quartz Eyeshadow. I truly have some incredible friends. A dear friend of mine kindly gifted me with this eyeshadow palette for my birthday and I fell in love with it. The colours are just so me and the cool thing about this is that it’s fully recyclable! The quality is incredible and the colours are beautiful.
05. Norvina. Another birthday present, my best friend gave my a gift certificate for Sephora. She told me that I was not allowed to buy something I needed and that I was to buy something I wanted, a fun splurge. So I put it towards getting the Norvina palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I’m absolutely in love with it and I am so glad that I finally got it. I adore the quality and it’s colours that I don’t typically buy but I have been having a ton of fun with it.
06. Lazy Sunday Perfume. I also got myself a roller ball of this perfume. I spoke about it more in detail in a previous post, which you can find HERE. I love this perfume and I am so glad that I got it. I only use it for special occasions because it’s not a big bottle but I am really enjoying it.
07. Vegan on a Budget. I’ve been following Liv B on social media for a while now. She’s a young woman from Halifax who posts about uncomplicated and inexpensive vegan cooking. She recently put out her first cookbook and I snatched it up and I am so glad that I did. It’s full of easy but delicious vegan meals that anyone could cook.
08. Salt Rock Candle Holder. This was a birthday present from my parents. I keep it on my coffee table and it’s just so pretty. It adds so much warmth to my living room. If you have never had the pleasure of experiencing a salt lamp or candle holder, you are seriously missing out.
09. Bishop Briggs. I had heard Bishop’s song River a few times and enjoyed it but I never really knew who sang it so when I found out, I looked up her album and it has been on repeat on my Spotify. I have particularly been enjoying River, Tempt My Trouble, and Hallowed Ground.
10. Wasteland, Baby! Hozier is my Pisces soul brother. I don’t know what it is about his music but it just feels like he’s reaching down into my soul and writing songs about it. His music is what my spirit sounds like, no question. He finally put out a new album and I played it at midnight, the second it came out. I can’t pick one or two songs that I’ve been loving most. It’s impossible. The whole thing is perfect.
Tell me about some of your favourite things from March!