I’m doing a little dance because it’s favourites time again!
I love doing favourites. I like spending a whole post just talking about the things that I’ve been loving. It’s just so positive. Favourites always make me think of being a kid and watching Oprah do her favourite things episodes every year and…I LOVE Oprah. That’s just…a whole other thing.
Without further ado…here are some of my favourites!
01. Farsali Jelly Beam Illuminator in Glow Up. I was kindly given this highlighter as a Christmas present and I am so in love with it. You really need to work fast with it but it adds the most beautiful glow. I’m just obsessed.
02. Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Creme/B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum/Protini Ploypeptide Cream. I got all three of these products as points perks from Sephora. Drunk Elephant is a fan favourite for a reason. Everything I’ve been able to try from them, I have loved. I’ve been reading into retinols and I’ve been wanting to try it. When I got this sample, I was super excited to try it out because it is not cheap. A couple times a week, I use these three products before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, my skin has a glow that I have never seen before. I can’t want to buy the full sizes.
03. LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant (Sport Luxe). I’ve also been reading into the aluminums and fake shit in normal deodorant. It was really eye opening. They’re really not good for you. A lot of traditional natural deodorants have been really kind of…gross and they don’t work well. I heard good reviews about this one, though, so I ordered it. Now, keep in mind that I am not a super active person. I don’t work out for hours a day and I’m not an overly hot and sweaty person. I’ve been really enjoying this deodorant. It works well for me and I feel good about using it.
04. David’s Tea Mug. Another Christmas present, I got this mug from David’s Tea and it’s my new favourite. It’s a good size and there’s just something about it that feels really good in my hand.
05. Chill Pills Phone Case. I had first seen this phone case when I was browsing the Bad.do website. I adore Ban.do and if I could spend all my money there, I would. Then I saw it pop up on Estee LaLonde’s instagram and it was the tease that pushed me into buying it. It makes me so happy every time I see it.
06. Ban.do Planner. Speaking of Ban.do…they make crazy awesome planners. They’re laid out well, they’re useful, and on top of that, they’re super cute. The art is beautiful and I love having a really good planner. If you’re in the market for one, I suggest looking at this one.
07. Leather Bag. My parents gave me this bag for Christmas and I ADORE it. It’s the perfect size for me and it just does what it needs to do. I love, love, love it.
08. The New Fashion Rules by Victoria Magrath. Victoria is a blogger and youtuber that I have been following for a while now. She’s seems like a wonderful girl and I’ve always really enjoyed her content. She’s also brilliant. She literally has a PhD in fashion. This book is basically a continuation of her thesis. If you have any interest in the fashion industry, you should pick up this book.
09. Chuck by Sum 41. This album…oh, this album. I loved it so much when it came out in 2004 and I listened to it non-stop for years. The album has a really interesting background, having been inspired when the band was in the Congo shooting a documentary. They were basically trapped in a war zone and when they came back, they made this album. Anyway, I rediscovered it this past month and I’ve been loving it again. It’s so good.
10. Reputation Tour Movie. Switching from an album that’s been described as thrash metal, heavy rock, and punk rock…we move into Taylor Swift. I have been a Taylor Swift fan for so, so very long and her last album, Reputation, has been one of my favourites. I was really sad that I wasn’t going to get to see this tour because it sounded like it was going to be really epic. So when I heard that she would be releasing the whole damn thing on Netflix? My day was made. It’s so good and this movie reminds everyone why Taylor is still on top.
What have you been loving lately? What are some of your favourite things from January?