Here it is! My glorious return to favourites! A monthly favourites is a classic post for any blogger or youtuber and I will always love them. They’re fun and I like seeing the things that people have been loving. I haven’t done one of these in a long time but I am back and full of new favourites.
1. A little while ago, I got the Fenty liquid lipstick in the red colour and I was immediately obsessed. It was the perfect red and the formula felt so good on my lips. On top of that, it did not budge from my lips. It was perfect. When they put out more colours, I knew that I wanted more and I decided to get this sort of rosy mauve colour. It’s a perfect, darker pink and I wore it to my friend’s wedding this month. It stayed on my lips and I don’t even think I needed to reapply once the entire night.
2. Speaking of the wedding, I need to talk about this hairspray. I got this as a sample a while ago and I never really used it. I’m not a person to use hairspray to keep my hairstyle in one place. For the wedding, however, I knew I would need it. I wanted to curl my hair and I wanted to keep it down but we were on a hot beach in humid Mexico and my hair is prone to frizz. I covered my hair in Air Spray from Pantene and let me tell you…my hair looked bangin’ all. night. long. I’ve never been so impressed by a hair spray.
3.I’m pretty sure that I’ve spoken about this before so I won’t linger for too long. The Wave Maker from Devacurl has been good to my hair, helping to bring out the natural curl. I am trying to grow my hair out but the longer it is, the more it weighs down my curls. This has been good to help bring them out.
4. Glossier You perfume is….heavenly. I have no other words. I love everything that I’ve used from Glossier and this perfume is no exception. On their site, Glossier describes this perfume as “comfy, warm, smooth, and addictive” with notes of musk, iris root, and pink pepper. They also say that it is incomplete and that the first ingredient is you. All perfume is going to change based on your own personal body chemistry but Glossier You is formulated specifically to do that. It’s one of my favourite perfumes and I plan to use it for a long time.
5. I got this little ring from Mexico. I forget what the stone is actually called but it’s got this cool aspect to it where the stone appears to change colours based on the light. I’ve been wanting a nice ring for a long time now and was happy to find one in Mexico that I loved.
6. It’s sweater weather! I adore cozy sweaters and when I found this one on H&M, I was thrilled. It’s cozy and big and soft and wearing it feels like a hug. I wish that I could wear this sweater every single day. It’s super comforting.
7. When I was younger, thinking about my future home as an adult, I wanted to have a pretty bar set. I’m not a huge drinker but I liked the idea of having a little home bar, with pretty glasses and fun drinks. I got this set through FabFitFun and I love these cups. They’re a stainless steel so they keep the drink inside nice and cool and on top of that, they look super cute. I also got a matching shaker.
8. My mom has been obsessed with Corkcicle for a long time and she got me hooked this year. This cup has been a favourite for a long time and I had to include it in here. It keeps my drinks SO cold for SO long. I put ice in it at 9:30am one day at work and when I was leaving work at 3:00pm, I had to dump the ice out so that I could put it in my bag.
9. Now, I like granola but I’m a little picky about it. I don’t like granola that’s too hard, or sharp and I don’t like a lot of the flavours you’ll find. I’ve also found that it’s not very filling. I ended up picking up this granola from Love Crunch and it’s awesome. It’s an apple, pecan, chia granola and I was eating it with an apple cinnamon yogurt. It was super filling and tasted really good.
10. Anyone who knows me knows that I love the reboot of Queer Eye. Those boys just make me so happy. I needed a good read for the beach when I was going away and was thrilled to find this at the airport. I grabbed it and I haven’t looked back. I will be doing a full blog post about this book later in the month but spoiler alert: I adore it.
11. I got this star lamp pendant from Ikea last year but I didn’t have the right piece to hang it up. By some miracle, we found the cord that we needed at the thrift store. I was so sad that I couldn’t hang up my lamp and so when I found what I needed, it was thrilling. Every time that I look at my lamp, I am happier than ever.
What are some things that you’ve been loving this month?