In the past year, I’ve really been trying to focus on finding good haircare and good skincare. I wanted to invest in products that I really love, not just what looked alright at the drugstore.
I’ll give you a bit of my hair background: I have rather picky hair that is a bit of a mess to try and tame. It’s frizzy and big and a bunch of different textures. Parts of my hair are curly, some parts are straight, some are wavy. It’s thick and just a pain in my ass. It’s also coloured, so there is some damage.
So I started to pick up a few products from the Ouai line and I am officially obsessed. This stuff is amazing. I’ve gotten my hands on a few things and there is still so much more that I want. I’ll break it down for you in the order that I would use these.
01. Curl Shampoo and Conditioner. Let me start by saying that as far as ‘curl’ goes, I really haven’t noticed much of a difference. My hair needs more ‘wave’ products. That being said, my hair feels so soft and healthy after I use this. My hair is light and fluffy and easy to work with. I think that the next time I buy shampoo/conditioner from Ouai, however, I’m going to get the ‘clean’ or the ‘volume’ version.
02. Hair Oil/Rose Hair and Body Oil. I love oil. All oils are my favourite oils. I love body oil, hair oil, face oil, shower oil. I adore both the hair oil and the new rose oil from Ouai. I find that the original oil is thicker than the rose oil but they are both fantastic. I honestly can’t tell you which one I like more.
03. Wave Spray. I can’t live without wave spray. I’ve tried a few different kinds but this one is my favourite. I sort of butterfly my hair while I spritz this in and then scrunch the product up. It not only makes my hair wavy, but it gives a lot of texture and body.
04. Finishing Creme. I only have a small, sample size of this creme but I am desperately trying to hold onto the last bits. I adore this. I’ve never really used products like this before but I am obsessed. Again, it adds so much body and texture.
05. Texturizing Hair Spray. Are you seeing a theme? I adore texture. I love messy, sexy, just got out of bed, model off duty, didn’t try too hard hair. This texturizing spray adds immediate volume and body and lift.
06. Dry Shampoo Mousse. Dry shampoo is something that I am really, really picky with. I don’t like most dry shampoos that I try but this one just melts into my hair. It dries without leaving any gross residue and it doesn’t make my hair feel sticky. It’s a miracle.
There are a few more things that I want to try. My best friend has been using their treatment mask for months now and she loves it. I really can’t praise this brand enough. It’s fantastic.