Self care is a big thing in my life and it’s something that I try to focus on as much as possible. It helps me function through the week. There are a variety of different things I use to help myself relax and come back down to earth and settle down a little bit. I’ll be writing posts about those in the future. This post is about rose.
I love rose. I think it goes back to being a kid. I remember my mom always have a rose body wash and a rose body cream. I remember going on walks with her and she would literally stop everything to smell the roses (I grew up in a province that is known for its wild roses). They say that certain smells are the things that can trigger memories and for me, when I smell roses, it takes me back to the comfort of my mother. There’s just something so comforting about it for me.
So while rose has a lot of sentimental value to me, I’ve also been learning about the benefits of rose. It’s really good for you!
They say that drinking rose tea can help with…
01. Menstrual pains
02. Boosting your immune system
03.Improving your digestion
04. Helping reduce stress and anxiety
05. Weight loss
And then as far as cosmetics go, rose is FULL of vitamin C and they say that is promotes essential collagen production (which keeps your hair and skin healthy). I’ve been told that rose will help improve acne, it’s incredibly brightening, and also naturally moisturizing (so it doesn’t leave you feeling oily and gross)
As the years have gone on, I have really developed a collection of rose items and I don’t even have everything that I want yet. These are a few of the things that I really enjoy.
01. Naked 3 from Urban Decay
02. Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb from Lush
03. Rosewater Balancing Mist from Jurlique
04. Creme de Rose Lip Balm from Dior
05. Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay from Origins
06. Rose Micellar Cleansing Milk from Sephora
07. Revved Up Nail Polish from Formula X
08. Rose Gold Watch from Michael Kors
09. Rosewater Hand and Body Cream from Crabtree and Evelyn
10. Paaarty Blush from Tarte
11. Piece of Cake Juicy Shaker from Lancome
12. R0se Quartz
13. Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks from Kat Von D
14. Rose Cleansing Cream from Sephora
15. Serenity Now Tea from David’s Tea
16. Rose Cleansing Wipes from Sephora
Rose feels like a power colour for me. It feels like something I need in my life. They say that rose quartz is the stone of ‘unconditional love and infinite peace’ and that it ‘draws off negative energy and replaces it with loving vibes’.
In all, it just makes me feel really friggin good. I think that finding just one thing, one simple thing, like roses, will help be the first step in learning to take care of yourself.