It’s that time of the month! Favourites time! I don’t have a ton of favourites for this month, it seemed to really fly by and I ended up just using a lot of the same favourites from last month. I do have a few things, however, that I wanted to talk about.
01. Addition Elle Bra. I think that every woman should have a bra and underwear set that makes them feel sexy. Doesn’t matter if there is someone who is seeing it or not. You walk through the world differently when you feel sexy. As a plus size woman who has always struggled with my weight, being able to feel good is HUGE. Since teaming up with Ashley Graham, Addition Elle has come up with some incredibly beautiful pieces that fit and feel sexy.
02. Love Crunch Granola in Aloha Blend (Pineapple, Coconut, and White Chocolate). I spoke about my favourite breakfast in my last post and this granola is to blame for that. I’ve really been loving the flavours and it’s a good quality granola. I can’t wait to buy more!
03. Lokai Bracelet. I’m sure that you know about this bracelet. It contains mud from the Dead Sea and water from Mount Everest, reminding us to stay humble in times of success and have hope in times of struggle. It’s a bracelet that I have wanted for a very long time and I finally decided to get it this month. I have been loving it. They recently put out a bracelet that is an orange colour with a portion of the proceeds going to support a mental health charity and boy, do I want that bracelet!
04. Welcome to Paradise, Now go to Hell by Chas Smith. This is a book that I have read before. I adored it. I truly loved this book. I needed a book to read one day and I just grabbed this one and I have fallen back into it. It’s a memoir by Chas Smith about his time on the North Shore of Oahu and the surf culture there. It’s about the locals and their fierce protection of their waves and the way that these local manipulate the surf brands that hold their competitions at Pipeline. If you’re into surfing, I recommend this book, it’s a fascinating read.
05. Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Sheet Mask. Skin care is one of my favourite things in the world and I love sheet masks. I decided to try out this one. It’s the first product I’ve ever had from Dr. Jart+ but I love it and I plan on buying more of the sheet masks to try them all out!
06. Sally Hansen Therapy Nail Polish in Re-Nude. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a nail polish from the drug store but the colours in this line had been calling my name. I will say that it’s hard to get this to look opaque on the nails. I have to do quite a few thin coats of the stuff to get it to how I want it to be. That being said, this colour is worth it. It’s the perfect nude for me and I am in love. I love a good nude.
07. Tombow Dual Brush Pens Portrait Set. I have mentioned these pens in a previous favourites and will likely talk about them more in a future post about my bullet journal. I recently got myself this set that I’ve wanted for a very long time that has all of these dusty pinks and muted nudes and I adore it.
08. Hard Candy Tea. This is another rediscovery this month. I adore this tea from the David’s Tea summer collection and lately, I’ve been craving fruity teas. I picked this one back up and I am loving it. It’s a refreshing blend of apple, sour cherries, cranberry, coconut, kiwi, and more. It’s so bright and fruity and it’s really been picking up my spirits.
09. Tapestry. I got this piece above my bed as a gift and it’s my new favourite piece in my room. My mom and I put twinkle lights up behind it and it’s given my room such a cozy vibe. I love it. It makes me happy every single time that I see it.
10. Riverdale. This is a show that I never thought I would like. I wasn’t sure about it when I saw the promo and then I really wasn’t sure when I first started watching it. However, I am totally sucked in. I am obsessed. It’s an awesome, awesome show. It reminds me of all the things I liked from the first seasons of Pretty Little Liars and Vampire Diaries. It’s smart and funny and thrilling and sexy and I can’t wait to see what they do next.
11. Sirius. I love having pets. I truly believe that a pet will bring so much love into your life. I, unfortunately, can’t have cats or dogs in my apartment. I would love nothing more than getting a cat but we’re not allowed. So I decided that I wanted a fish. It was still a living thing that I could love and look after and care for but I wasn’t breaking any rules. So when my best friend was going to the next town over (where the nearest pet store is) and she asked me if I wanted her to pick me up a fish, I said YES! I’ve named him Sirius and he’s the highlight of my day. I’m getting him a new tank to live in soon and I can’t wait to spoil him. He’s my baby 🙂
12. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. I have loved John Oliver for a while and I’ve always liked this show but I recently really got into it instead of casual viewing and I’ve been obsessed. I feel like I’ve learnt something after watching one of his clips.