I love breakfast so much.
In my opinion, there is nothing better than breakfast food (except for maybe sushi…🍣). Eggs and toast and waffles and all of that make me so, so happy. I don’t know why people don’t have more breakfast dates. As a matter of fact, I think that might be one of my favourite first date ideas…going for breakfast or brunch.
Anyway, I’m passionate about breakfast and I like breakfast that’s cozy and warm but also filling and tasty. I’ve discovered this breakfast while I was travelling in New Zealand since it’s cheap but it also gave me some fuel. You can really change it to fit whatever you like or whatever you have but this is what I like to do. I hope you enjoy!
1 zucchini – chopped
Handful of mushrooms – chopped
Handful of grape or cherry tomatoes – chopped
2 eggs (I like the free range best but can’t always afford them)
Various seasoning (I usually just grab whatever I have on hand. I like chives, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper but have done this with an Italian seasoning mix or something like Montreal steak spice)
Oil or butter
01. Chop everything up and set it aside while your pan with oil or butter warms up
02. Add your zucchini and mushrooms first as those take longer to cook. Once you see them softening and turning colour, add in your seasoning and tomatoes.
03. Mix it al together and let it cook itself down a little bit.
04. In a separate pan, cook your eggs however you would like. ALWAYS cook your eggs with a good amount of butter and low heat. Eggs do NOT need to be cooked for that long and they cook at a low heat so they will continue to cook after they are taken off the heat. I like them scrambled but it’s also good with fried or poached eggs, whatever works best for you. If you need help with making the perfect scrambled eggs, I highly recommend THIS video from Jamie Oliver.
05. Plate it up and if you would like, add in some kind of carb. I love bagels so I had it with half a bagel and some cream cheese.